[Thunar-dev] ANNOUNCE: thunar 1.5.2 released
nick at xfce.org
Sat Nov 10 20:05:05 CET 2012
thunar 1.5.2 is now available for download from
SHA1 checksum: 21ac1acbb469eebc9151f8904729e3002483505a
MD5 checksum: 6aca1a903ac8298f51f60ab6d5ee50a3
What is thunar?
Thunar is a new modern file manager for the Xfce Desktop Environment.
It has been designed from the ground up to be fast and easy-to-use. Its
user interface is clean and intuitive, and does not include any
confusing or useless options. Thunar is fast and responsive with a good
start up time and directory load time. Thunar is accessible using
Assistive Technologies and is fully standards compliant.
Release notes for 1.5.2
[Please note that this is a development release.]
Random fixing of various bugs, but there are also some decent
performance improvements in different parts of the directory listing
- Do not unref g_file_icon_get_file() file (bug #9439).
- Don't add duplicates of devices (bug #9440).
- Fix typo of Trash in standard view (bug #9437).
- Don't use deprecated g_thread_init().
- Use GArray instead of GValueArray and new mutex API.
- Clear cached icon when trash changed (bug #9432).
- Also clear cache on reload of a file.
- Keep file permissions when renaming a desktop file.
- Write localized name of a desktop file (bug #8783).
- Fix back/forward gestures and 8/9 button events.
- Use seconds timers where possible.
- Idle selecting item in shortcuts pane.
- Do not set selection after removing files (bug #8780).
- Fix linking on Cygwin (bug #4561).
- Sort renamer list by clicking on name header (bug #2622).
- Always set the icons size of the toolbar.
- Make the entry the default location bar.
- Don't set weight in chooser model to light (bug #7688).
- Fallback to only default values if xfconf failed.
- Improve generating remote display names (bug #9442).
- Remove user directories and add bookmarks in go menu.
- Trigger callback when opening unmounted locations (bug #9447).
- Don't add a bookmark to the same location twice.
- Also watch the bookmark files.
- Use stock home icons for ~.
- Do not freeze on new files outsize this directory (bug #9468).
- Some more optimizations in icon name loading.
- Don't include notify.h if not available (bug #9480).
- Add free space tooltip for devices.
- Use GSequence in the list model.
- Directly collect the full info namespace for ls dir.
- Drop unused check for icons of executables.
- Don't write empty session files.
- Add support for tabs in session saving.
- Translation updates: Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian,
Bengali, Catalan (Valencian), Czech, Danish, German, Dzongkha, Greek,
English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Spanish (Castilian), Estonian,
Basque, Finnish, French, Galician, Hebrew, Croatian, Hungarian,
Indonesian, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Georgian, Kazakh, Korean,
Kurdish, Lithuanian, Latvian, Macedonian, Norwegian Bokmal, Dutch
(Flemish), Norwegian Nynorsk, Panjabi (Punjabi), Polish, Portuguese,
Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Sinhala, Slovak, Albanian,
Serbian, Swedish, Telugu, Turkish, Uyghur, Ukrainian, Urdu, Urdu
(Pakistan), Vietnamese, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan).
More information about the Thunar-dev